Welcome to the office of Sylvia Ford Brown, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee
for the United States Bankruptcy Court of the Western District of Tennessee. This office is responsible for the administration
of Chapter 13 cases assigned to Judge Jennie D. Latta and Judge George W. Emerson.
Chapter 13 Summary
1. Your first payment should begin immediately. Payments should
be made out to: SYLVIA FORD BROWN, P.O. BOX 1924, MEMPHIS, TN 38101-1924, with your name and case number printed clearly.
The Chapter 13 Trustee's Office
address is 200 Jefferson, 11th floor, Memphis, TN 38103. DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS TO THIS ADDRESS.
3. The Chapter 13 Trustee's office hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Our telephone number
is (901) 576-1313.
If your plan requires monthly
payments you must pay by the 5th of each month by cashier's check or money order. NO PERSONAL CHECKS. NO CASH.
5. You are responsible for making your payments until the employer
starts the deduction.
If you cannot make your payment
you must notify your attorney and the trustee's office.
7. You must attend your first meeting of creditors. If you cannot attend the meeting of creditors, please call
Bring the declaration page of
your automobile insurance policy with you every time you come to court.
9. All creditors must be listed in your case. To add a creditor, see your attorney.
you are contacted by a creditor after your plan is filed give the creditor your case number and attorney's name. Contact your
11. You may not buy anything on credit while you are in the
12. You may not buy, sell, trade, or give away any real estate
or other property of value without permission from the trustee.
13. You may have
a balance statement mailed to you by calling or writing the trustee's office with your case number.
will result in your case being dismissed.
You must pay all future property
taxes as they come due.
Tell your attorney every time
you change employment or change your address.
17. Your attorney will be paid
through your Chapter 13 plan. Do not pay your attorney directly.